Castor oil is one of natural beauty remedy. Egyptians used to adore its seed because It has natural laxative properties. Castor oil is the best option if you want to avoid chemical products from your daily routine. The oil serves many purposes as it is used as a natural moisturizer, wound healer, fungus fighter, reduces acne, and keep hair and scalp healthy. There are many benefits of this oil some are discussed here:
1. Natural Moisturizer – This oil is often used in cosmetics to promote hydration and often added to products like lotions, makeup, and cleansers. You can also use this rich oil on its own as a natural substitute to store-bought moisturizers and lotions.
Usage: You can take some drops of castor oil in your hand and directly apply on the skin usually face and neck. It can also be added and used with other oils and products like almond oil, olive oil or coconut oil. Apply little amount of oil around your eyes, it is the best remedy to avoid wrinkles.
2. Promotes Hair Growth – Many people use this oil as a natural hair conditioner. Dry or damaged hair can especially benefit from an intense moisturizer like castor oil.
Applying fats like castor oil to the hair on a daily basis helps lube the hair shaft, increasing flexibility and decreasing the chance of indefinite quantity. The oil may benefit those who experience dandruff, a common scalp condition defined by dry, bizarre skin on the head.
Usage: Mix some amount of oil with coconut oil and gently apply it on your scalp and hair.
3. Fight Fungus(Oral care) – Candida albicans are a kind of fungus that usually causes dental issues like plaque richness, gum infections, and root canal infection. Castor oil has fungicidal properties and may aid fight off Candida, keeping the mouth healthy.
4. Remedy in Constipation – Constipation refers to difficulty passing stools. Castor oil has the property to loosen the stools and is an effective remedy to constipation.
Usage: A typical dose might be around 15 milliliters (ml), which is equal to about half an ounce or 3 teaspoons.
Some people mix this oil with another liquid or flavored drink to counteract the strong odor and flavor, including:
· fruit juice
· soft drink
5. Promotes Wound Healing – Applying this oil to wounds creates a moist environment that promotes healing and prevents sores from drying out.
This oil excite tissue maturation so that a mechanism can be formed between the wound and the surroundings, decreasing the risk of infection.It also reduces dryness and cornification, the promotion of dead skin cells that can hold wound healing.
1. Before using this oil always test it by applying on your wrist. It may be allergic to your skin.
2. It is an effective oil but it is not advisable to use often on your face as it can block your pores and lead to a breakout.
3. Pregnant women should never use this oil orally.
4. Always consult your doctor before using castor oil.