Self-discovery is a journey to explore ourselves, know who we are, what we are we doing, and what we really want to do in our life. Are we really happy with our job and life? Did our decisions satisfy us? Is it our decisions or other decision. There are lots of questions that arise when we try to discover ourselves.
There are many people who realized in their middle age, they took the wrong decisions in their life. They are not happy and satisfied with their life. They are not happy with their jobs. And this time they tried to discover themselves. They find ways to be happy and find the purpose of their life.
We saw many people and celebrities, they did a professional degree and placed in a good position. And later quit their jobs and followed their passion and dream and become actors, singers, writers, bloggers, and many more on the list.
How self-discovery starts
The journey to self-discovery starts by asking the following questions to ourselves.
Who you are?
What do you want to do?
What you are doing?
And What is the purpose of your life?
When you find answers to these questions, you are almost done. Because there are many people, whose life works on other decisions. Like, parents decide which subject has to be taken by their son/daughter, which degree they pursue, whom they marry. Children follow their parent’s decisions and never realize what they actually want to do. Their jobs suck them, pressurize them but they did not quit because their lives depend on it. Their jobs paid so well but they are not happy and satisfied. The reason is they never want to do, what they are doing.
Self-discovery is a way to self-development. It starts with knowing our self first, our feelings, likes, dislikes, strengths, weaknesses, and finds the purpose of life. And takes you to be a better and satisfied human being.
Steps to Self-discovery
- Think– Everything starts with thinking. Think about yourself, your life, happiness, sorrows, strengths, weakness, success, as well as failures. Take some time to visualize what you are and what you want to be.
- Realize– After you think about everything about yourself. Realize where you are right, where you are wrong. And accept both right and wrong decisions.
- Explore– Explore new places, persons, try new things, and explore your passions. Take some time from your daily routine to explore and try things you enjoyed.
- Writing in a journal– May-be you are not good I writing or you don’t like to write. But simply note down the things you love to do, or what you like to do in the future. Simply write the things that come in your mind, it will help in analyzing yourself.
- Plan– Planning is a very important factor in every field. After realizing where you are and where you want to be, start planning about your actions.
- Action– Without action, the last three steps are of no use. After thinking, realizing, and planning the most important step is action.
The journey to self-discovery is not easy. People realize but they are not brave enough to take action. They didn’t want to affect their balanced life. They have a good-paying career and they didn’t want to take risks and affect their lifestyle. They have their family and responsibilities and they didn’t want to misbalance their life with their decision.
Some Best Quotes:
“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.”Aristotle
“The only journey is the one within.”Rainer Maria Rilke